GSM - Timeline and Impact on Civilization

Grand Solar Minimum: Science behind the cycles and effects, as well as historical analysis.
Venetian

GSM - Timeline and Impact on Civilization

#1 Post by Venetian » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:48 pm

Hello everyone,

Before talking about this topic i will say that i already know the basics about solar cycles, cosmic rays, volcanism, weather patterns, etc...

Anyway, the topic i want to talk about is the impact of the GSM and how much time we have before it hits. Some would say it's already happening but of course i mean "hit" in a way that implies it will be noticed by the public in an undeniable way - for example, a spike in food prices and food shortages, which will be blamed on AGW anyway...

David from Adapt 2030 (or maybe it was Christian, i don't remember well) laid down some dates (i can't provide a link) and said that by the end of 2018, food prices would be up 40% (i think he meant in the US), and that by 2020 they will have increased by 100%. If anyone has other data on which to base projections, feel free to correct this estimate. I'd like to know how much time we have left to prepare. Six months, one year, five years? Also, will the decrease of crop yelds be (relatively) gradual or immediate?

About the impact of the GSM: i know that the global supply chain is very fragile and that even a financial crisis alone could paralize it, and that few people in the West can produce their own food, but what are some predictions about the actual effects on society? I mean, if food prices increase even 50%, it would be enough to trigger an economic collapse and widespread violence (considering the state of the economies), but not an actual "mad max" scenario of apocaliptic political collapse.

But what if crop losses will be high enough to cause a total collapse? I mean, i'm all for using cryptos as an alternative system of payment, but even cryptos rely on state infrastructure, and it the latter collapses, things like bitcoin will become useless (as there won't be electricity to power servers). Or will political authority persist? In the latter case, we could see the rise of military dictatorships, to deal with the chaos.

Also, what about the geopolitical equilibriums?

If anyone has some more data to base predictions upon, share them and let's speculate a bit.

I know about the wheat losses in all of northern Europe, and other which you can map at electroverse.net

I understand this is a tricky topic, but thanks anyway for any input and sorry if i made any grammar mistake.

CreoleGenius

Re: GSM - Timeline and Impact on Civilization

#2 Post by CreoleGenius » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:59 pm

John 9:4 "I must perform the work of him that sent me, whilst it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work."

SunUp

#3 Post by SunUp » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:29 pm

I don't think anyone can predict the exact moment SHTF with certainty. In my opinion we are already on the road to some very bad things. I treat each day as the last "normal" day, not out of fear but as an opportunity to think "what can I do today to get ready". I began buying staples in bulk about a year ago and my favorite go to site for real (not chinese) organic food is the EdenOrganics.com website. You can buy real organic products grown by American farmers and verified organic. You can buy in bulk which I do. I live alone but know that my family in Phoenix will show up at my door as I am the crazy person that has been talking about this for several years.

Also I have asked farmers at my local farmers market if they would accept silver coins for food if the banks take a "holiday". Most of them smile and say "sure" :D so its good to have real money if/when the grid goes down.
South Eastern Arizona

CreoleGenius

#4 Post by CreoleGenius » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:02 am

Farside

#5 Post by Farside » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:58 pm