"Trump's Border Closure" to cause Food Shortages

iceagefarmer
Site Admin

"Trump's Border Closure" to cause Food Shortages

#1 Post by iceagefarmer » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:10 am

Suddenly, "Trump's Border Closing" is the US Brexit - going to drive up food prices:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/01/us/p ... onomy.html

... thoughts ?

Kink

Re: "Trump's Border Closure" to cause Food Shortages

#2 Post by Kink » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:27 pm

While I'm very sure it will temporarily cause shortages due to a reduction in labor; I never could understand why people think Americans were always unwilling to do these jobs before we had illegal immigrants crossing en masse. As if a white or black man could never conceive of working farms or picking fruit in a field. As the article states, we now depend on "mexican labor" but this is not the conservatives fault for trying to solve the problem that the liberals created in the first place.

It's a very difficult situation for sure but the sooner we get these hard times out of the way, the sooner we can even think of what the future of our country will look like while going into the grand solar minimum. There is certainly such a thing as too much good, and I think we've crossed that line a decade ago.

Farside

#3 Post by Farside » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:28 pm

I have a friend who owns a construction company in San Fran. He does high end residential work which is very lucrative as you can imagine.

A few years ago he wanted to hire an apprentice, a local kid looking for a break. He was one of those kids who was written off young, only to prove everyone wrong through hard work and a few lucky breaks. His intentions were as much about paying it forward as it was business expansion.

Try as he did, he simply couldn't find anyone who wanted to work a job involving physical work and smelly dirt. In the end he hired an immigrant kid because they were the only people willing to do those types of jobs.

This isn't a democrat/republican issue. It's a lazy ass inter-generational issue with a side order of entitlement. When an honest day's work is considered beneath the dignity of the citizenry then I'm sorry to say that that society is literally stepping off the edge into full blown collapse. As little as 150 years ago, another culture made up of harder people would invade and take their rightful place.

I really don't know how this will go down in the US. Maybe a civil war, followed by a foreign invasion that cleans up the remnant I dunno. Hawaii sounds nice right about now haha :-)

Andy F

#4 Post by Andy F » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:45 pm

Food is becoming politicized. I expected that, with GSM & the border issues of drug/sex/human trafficking which is HUGE problem.
The two are Symbiotic, the migrant laborers is a cover for trafficking.

History is repeating with the border & Politicization of Food.
Study the 1930s Holodomor & the carnage results.
Food prices rose dramatically in the early days before the famine.
The same people who did the Holodomor are in charge here today.
Those same people are who wrote the Patriot Act.
Those same people started and are running the same political ideology in the USAs Farm Labor Unions.
The Farm Labor Union ideology is Marxist, modeled after Rosa Luxemburg and known as Rosa Luxemburg Foundation for farm labor unions.
Rosa Luxemburg was a Communist Revolutionary who was murdered in 1919 and is now IDOLIZED by farm laborers.

It is NOT a question of lazy. It is normal adaptation of physiology. It also has to do with a purposefully "engineered" lost FBM, or Fat Burning Metabolism but I won't explain how it relates to Joules and the BS of the "Fitness Industry".
Years ago, studies were done on American people working farms. They could not keep up to the max pick quotas demanded by the farm owners.
One, they were not physically adapted to farm labor demands. They pooped out after a few days. The Hispanic pickers start at an early age of 10-12 yo and their bodies naturally developed a maximum of a certain muscle twitch fiber type (I forget that twitch slow vs fast part) over time which allows them a good endurance physically.

Andy F

#5 Post by Andy F » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:47 pm

Other factoids.
Rockefeller family, Walton family, et al, and the early progression of grocers. The increased reliance on stores vs having home gardens, until the home gardens were wiped out for the con of CONvenience.
It started out slowly as small corner stores. over time it all grew into monopolies.
The same tribe members owns Costco, Sams, Amazon now owns Whole Foods.
Etc etc etc.

Rockefeller is Levinston or Livingston family.
These are EVIL people who are known to plan over 100 years in advance.
They know about GSM and nothing political happens by chance, all is planned out moves, like on a Chessboard grand scale.
Tribal Heinz Kissinger teaches, "Control Food you can control an entire country."

Josef Stalin's daughter migrated to USA. I've no idea how politically active she was, or her living daughter is in USA today.

Andy F

#6 Post by Andy F » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:46 am

iceagefarmer wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:10 am
Suddenly, "Trump's Border Closing" is the US Brexit - going to drive up food prices:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/01/us/p ... onomy.html

... thoughts ?
In looking at Foreign Policy and the UN Food Agency's Program is interesting "obfuscation" on reasons for failures
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/10/08/wo ... imination/
UN Food Agency debacle.jpg
UN Food Agency debacle.jpg (35.87 KiB) Viewed 91 times