What did you do to prepare today?

What did you do to prepare today?
anomalous howard

Re: What did you do to prepare today?

#331 Post by anomalous howard » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:15 am

Thank you Kink. Don't worry about me posting my prep progress...all failures will be duly highlighted.. :D

Andy F

#332 Post by Andy F » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:37 am

@Kink...At first the Polish SigLight was more of a $10.00 novelty and sold as is & flat batteries not available. The bulb itself is a 3.5-6VDC bulb. After I got it, it was a small challenge to rework it & get it to working order. I only chose it for the sturdy military issue and the ease in changing 3 lens colors for Military field signaling. It is ~2" x 4" x 1.2" thick. Quite compact & built to last.
Would I sell them? I don't know, overall cost was about $15.00 + my time, not counting shipping cost to buyer. The real Q is, would anyone want to buy and cover my costs + time? So I don't know. All I do know is it outperforms anything else out there on market and able to be abused & still will work good.
Was it worth it? Yes it was. I'm considering buying 3 more & rework those. Futurism with a blast from the past. I wonder who it was issued to.......
Good photos of the Solar Oven, I'm watching your great progress & I can't wait to hear about your cooking results. I think we need a Solar Cooker thread? Soon...

@anomaloushoward As I read your post, it left me with a lot of questions, but it is not my business to ask. All I can really say, you're a real true trouper. I wish you and your family the best and I hope they wake up to GSM and rally around you, their leader who is the man in the family. You know what is ahead, they are a little lackadaisical and could be their demise. I hope it isn't, but I can understand how you'd feel, my own Kids are not hearing me either. It frustrates me to no end. All I can do, is keep sending the Kid seeds, GSM books, and letters/emails. He's a smart Kid who overthinks and is quite skeptical of GSM because as he said, you can't believe what you read on the internet. RIGHT...umm yes you can. I know why too, the lying media, but he'd just finished A&P Mechanic school in Dec 2016 and is not in a good position to switch to a new A&P job, at one company he's been at for over 26 years since age 17. His only job, other than Box Boy at 1 grocery store. He's like GLUE, stuck to system too.
I feel for you on the back issues, that surgery is not a joke at all. You've been through a lot. I am glad you're on the downhill side. Stay the course with your plans, even if that means letting go temporarily and gracefully. They'll come around, I'd predict by this time 2020 they'll be all up at arms with the food crop issues and food prices rising after September 2019 harvests. They'll soon be at your door. Either way, your's are huge life changes and comes with added stress, admitted or not, they're there. That stress shows up in other ways, not just in showing anger, but frustration on the little things. You're very level headed and that is to be your strong point ahead when the other hungry & cold one's who didn't prepare are banging at your door.
We can't save the lost minds.

For those who do have back issues, consider investing in new or used (Hangups is good) Back Swing Inversion Table & do the exercises to go with it but take your time at it if you do. It cured my Sciatica and Lumbar back pain, totally reversed it, among other positive results. Verified on X-Ray as Lumbar Arthritis total reversal. Also Thoracic & Cervical. I was a mess, not anymore. I had one of the very last good MD's who clued me into how to reverse it. On the back joint injections, he said NO way, they tend to breakdown the joint cartilages which hold joint together, and then the bone degenerates & arthritic spurs build up. They don't tell you that at the shot clinics, so I'd heard from others who went for the shots.
I had a bone spur on my left heel, my MD put the same back type steroidal injection right into the bone spur 2x, which hurt like heck, continued for days. But the bone spur melted down flat in about 5 months & has been okay for past 20 years.

I had to open a new pack of the Devcon epoxy for my Polish SigLight project, the 6 month old half full tubes had hardened. The new pack I vacuum sealed up in SealAMeal bags cut 12" long to allow resealing several times after use. I also vacuum sealed a 2 oz bottle of Gorilla Glue. I put Hard Candy on my list for portable & fast energy and also better than sugar free pebbles for a dry mouth like soldiers used during Civil Wars :mrgreen:

Carry on! Prepping some more tomorrow.
"Conspiracy Theorist: One who asks legitimate questions about shady activities of people who're well known to be liars." https://www.archive.org :mrgreen: http://www.secretsinplainsight.com/

anomalous howard

#333 Post by anomalous howard » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:15 am

Thanks Andy, My "back" problem, being the cervical vertabrae was all in my neck. It's just as bad as the back but you can't even turn your head. You can't walk or really move at all. I've had more painful things in my life. A kidney problem that went on for years leading to sepsis before emergency exploratory surgery and dying on the table then brought back and amazingly it all worked out. A stealth constriction in my ureter, unseeable on the imagery available at the time (1972) led to a constant repetition of infections. For a few years I fought them off...until I didn't.
When you go to the doctor for something painful and you're asked to rate the pain on a scale of 1 to 10...I know 10. Delirium leading to loss of consciousness. Been there...done that...many numerous times.

Then, out of the blue, with no history or risk factors when I hit 50 I had a "widow maker" heart attack. It was totally out of the blue. I had no history or risk factors. Everybody, by the time they reach 50, will have at least some arterial plaque. Mine was well within normal limits. I haven't checked the Kp index for that day but since it was in 2009, it was probably at 0. Anyway, something caused a tiny piece of plaque to separate from the wall of my left anterior descending artery. That created a lesion on the artery wall. So, bodily processes being what they are, a "scab" was instructed to form there. This is a very serious design error in my opinion. The scab occluded the most important coronary artery we have and wham...I was dead again. I was able to get an aspirin chewed on my way out so that probably helped. At first I felt a weird twinge. At first I thought, "that was not a normal twinge". So I came into the house and sat down on the living room sofa to assess this weird twinge. Then pain in my left arm/shoulder became pressure in my chest and I decided to lay down on the sofa. My wife was in the kitchen so I called her into the living room and, since she's an RN, immediately called to my daughter, who was also in the kitchen, to bring an aspirin as she dialed 911. My daughter brought a tylenol...lol. My wife, very experienced, kept everything calm and quickly explained "aspirin vs tylenol" to my daughter who got an aspirin. Then I decided that I wasn't close enough to the ground. Probably because I had been dead once before in my life and "knew" what to do next. Better electromagnetic connection to Earth. The EMTs arrived and on the way to the hospital....dead.....again. Brought back....again. So, believe me when I tell you, there is existence afterward. But it's really not worth the effort to find out for yourself...lol. It's just that existence is.
The download "dream" I had a few months later was weirder than dying so I'd recommend that.

Anyway, the heart attack pain was about 7.
The neck pain was about 8.
Kidney...definitely 10.
Don't try this on your own.
The GSM should be a piece of cake in comparison.

Two of my kids are getting their PhDs so you'd think they'd be able to analyze the global warming crap and arrive at the proper conclusion. One's in Chem Engineering and will be doing work at Sandia Nat Lab. this year. And the other is in Biochem. at Univ of Kentucky. They won't take the minimal time to review the literature to see that there are ZERO papers that prove a .04% concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere could possibly have any effect on global tropospheric avg temps. or that the laws of thermodynamics make it an impossibility for any gas to provide a greenhouse effect.

I have sent them both the following paper recently...along with a ton of other info since I'm now making my "move" so I'm hoping for the best.
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ture_Model

Anyway, whenever I see the title, "What did you do to prepare today", my definition of "today" necessarily includes all the experiences of my entire life, all the entire experiences of my deaths, and all the "experience" I was given in the "download". The download came in every language in the universe from every "time" and "place". I fully understood it at the moment it was happening (it lasted about 10 minutes) but when it was over, it just sort of melted into my brain and became non-linguistic so I couldn't even begin to translate it...even to myself. It's just "in there". So, even though it may seem strange to people, the contextual implication of "today" in the title of this subject has been something I've had to do a lot of cross reference re-collation of a lot of aspects in the "history" of myself to be able to cross into. So all of the above is a small part of what I did "today" in my usual context of today in order to "do today", in the context of this subject when the "tomorrow" of March 29 becomes my new context of "today".

Andy F

#334 Post by Andy F » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:04 pm

Tribal Pow Wow

@anomalous howard That is deep, heartfelt post. I get it on the "Today" part, is why I often sub other words. It is so common when life events were so profound that we cannot forget and they tend to remain in our conscious and forefront and affect everything we do daily. Your having the March 29 date of a major life event and crossroad is a huge part of everyday thoughts and planning. Of course it is, to stay on track you have to keep on it. I'm sure your wife knows about short term goals and long term goals and also the stress score for singular versus combined life events. Your scores, are above sky high compared to the average man/woman's in daily life. The stress scores are based on the amounts and types of changes one is experiencing, with the highest scores having the most effect and the larger numbers of changes that must be done for surviving a life event successfully.

Take a look at the following 3 page Stress Scores. Yeh, I know, me and my dang'd PDFs. I think I'll post it in the PDF Zone, it really belongs there too. I'd thought of adding up the numbers for what the Kid & family would go through in GSM when it really hits, but I think it would scare the he!! out of me :shock:
The Holmes-Rahe Life Stress Inventory
PDF AutoDownload only - https://www.talent.wisc.edu/Home/Portal ... Stress.pdf

Anyhow, we're all here to listen, and we're pulling for each other every day.
There is existence on the other side of life, I agree, but for reasons I won't explain. Those who hear and dance to music no one else can hear, are deemed insane by those who cannot hear any music.

So, Today? I woke up late, stiff and sore after lifting and maneuvering heavy things 2 days ago. So I will work on TDL and find small manageable tasks to try and get done or else I'll succumb to Scarlett's Tomorrow.
I'm done with my orders for January, I think.
TDL - I have 40 feet total of tightly coiled 12 AWG Red & Black wire which I need to sit and force it to straighten out. I have a switch to install and wire up.

Carry on!
"Conspiracy Theorist: One who asks legitimate questions about shady activities of people who're well known to be liars." https://www.archive.org :mrgreen: http://www.secretsinplainsight.com/

Andy F

#335 Post by Andy F » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:29 pm

Friday's Felonious people?
Straightened wires. Built a 2 light LED switch box, all wired up. Wired the LEDs in wrong polarity :oops: fixed my mistake :lol:
Annoyed as hell at EVIL. Not much I can do except expose EVIL. Ahh well...life goes on.
Getting dehydrator ready with load of Apples. Need to do more Onions & Carrots. I want to do Potatoes & herbs. Can only do so much unless I buy a 2nd dehydrator.
Keep prepping & Carry on!

Kink

#336 Post by Kink » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:40 pm

Working on the solar cooker some, have a semi decent snow storm coming my way tomorrow, 8-12" predicted so gotta go make sure all the cribs are secure and capable of holding all of that, so gotta get out there now before it starts getting dark. Bought more vacuum sealer bags, have been sealing different things like tumeric/herbal teas, etc.

Back to work I go! :mrgreen:

Andy F

#337 Post by Andy F » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:25 pm

Kink wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:40 pm
Working on the solar cooker some, have a semi decent snow storm coming my way tomorrow, 8-12" predicted so gotta go make sure all the cribs are secure and capable of holding all of that, so gotta get out there now before it starts getting dark. Bought more vacuum sealer bags, have been sealing different things like tumeric/herbal teas, etc.

Back to work I go! :mrgreen:
Good news, except for the storm. Ewwww.
See if you can plan on getting a couple ACE bandages when you can and vacuum Seal, so the elastic rubber doesn't dry rot.
I just sealed up a 6", 4" & 3" in 3 pairs today.

dirtmurphy

#338 Post by dirtmurphy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:44 am

Man, there are a lot of posts to get caught up on since I've been away from the forum! Congrats on getting your house under contract @anomalous howard. @kink and @Andy F, keep on keeping on! It's good to see that everyone is keeping busy.
Me? In between migraines I've germinated more wheat berries for the chickens and have been busy putting up shelving. I'm also making room to set up several kennels here in the house so I can move the chickens in for a couple of nights as the temps drop. My rooster got mild frostbite on his comb last year and I can't stand the thought of it happening again this year. In case anyone hasn't figured it out yet, I'm too soft to keep chickens. Those birds are pretty much my world!
I also got a new axe handle and two new bulbs for seed starting. Oh, and we made more newspaper logs.
Other than that, I'm planning the next home repair and figuring out how to build an ash bin for KOH extraction. Then I need to figure out how to store the stuff until I start making soap.

Andy F

#339 Post by Andy F » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:23 am

Hey dirt, what about that goop used on snow dogs' feet & noses to prevent cracking & easier in getting frostbite. I know they use it for the Alaskan dog teams, Iditarod Race. You could put it on his comb, it's not like he can lick it off and the comb's skin is probably drying in the cold. Just a thought, although the dogs have a blood vessel mechanism that causes the arteries & veins to open really big in snow cold weather to bring more blood to footsies.
Musher's Secret - https://www.amazon.com/Mushers-Secret-P ... 4V0HWVGC3X
What is innit?
MUSHER'S SECRET is a blend of 100% pure natural waxes (including White and
Yellow Beeswax, Carnauba, and Candelilla Wax) and White & vegetable oils with
vitamin E.

There are other brands......just sayin'
Here's what is in another good brand -
Paw & Nose balm.jpg
Paw & Nose balm.jpg (14.63 KiB) Viewed 296 times

I'm pretty good in working up a recipe, am a hacker & reverse engineering "stuff" :mrgreen:

dirtmurphy

#340 Post by dirtmurphy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:15 pm

Petroleum jelly is the most common way of preventing frostbite, but he got it last year anyway. Thanks for the alternative solution!