What did you do to prepare today?

What did you do to prepare today?
Andy F

Re: What did you do to prepare today?

#351 Post by Andy F » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:30 am

Egg Frittata Friday?
Not much today, got a few bolts installed. Watching Kink & his DIY Berkey progress. Getting ready to listen to the 18 minute Trump talk. Laughing at the media, the Covington students who were framed by Media LIARS, the Philips fellow is a regular criminal and prison escapee and alcoholic and drunken driver and unlicensed driver and is a funded professional protestor paid by Rockefellas Foundation. :lol: Even funnier, Michael Moore is calling for a bloody Revolution!

I checked Census.gov there are 6 million businesses, majority are corporate businesses in USA.
I think the UN might be hard pressed to get that many businesses to fork over their inventory or profits.
Meanwhile, Ocasio-No-Cortex being the Social Democratic wanterful of your money, she proposed raising taxes to 70%.
"Conspiracy Theorist: One who asks legitimate questions about shady activities of people who're well known to be liars." https://www.archive.org :mrgreen: http://www.secretsinplainsight.com/

dirtmurphy

#352 Post by dirtmurphy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:32 pm

Today I went to the feed store to pick up a bag of New Country Organic layer feed. They were out of that kind so they sold me Koffi organic layer feed instead. It was nearly $7.00 less expensive. I had misgivings but I needed the feed imminently so I bought it.
When I got home I checked the label to see what I was about to feed my birds. The first thing I noticed was that the label was hard to read so I can't tell if there's soy in there. The second thing I noticed was that it was only 16% protein content. I'm aiming for 17-18% protein. I was unhappy about that part since that means that I'll have to add some dog or cat food to it. Then I opened the bag expecting to see grains but instead found a powdery textured feed. This stuff is way too fine to feed adult birds so now I'm going to have to thicken it with water to make the fines stick together enough for my chickens to eat it. I was so angry that I complained to the feed store and to the company who makes it.
I've been concerned about providing my birds with the proper nutrition during the GSM. Just two days ago I spent an hour and a half on the phone with one of the best chicken breeders in the country discussing this very thing. She suggested that I plant corn and amaranth (I already grow oats and wheatgrass for them), start ranging my birds on receptive neighbors' properties, and start looking into raising protein sources just for them. I'm going to her farm in a couple of weeks to help her with some projects and we'll continue the discussion then.
Our birds work hard for us and deserve the absolute best we can give them. I'm in the process of converting our laundry room into a secondary barn for protection from hungry people if it gets really bad. For those of you who have poultry, you may want to consider what additional steps you can take to provide additional food and shelter for what comes next.

Andy F

#353 Post by Andy F » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:24 am

Saturday?
Uncovered more BS "news". Drilled holes for 4 Side Steps mounting onto truck. Easy job with great rewards, it was easier to do than it appeared to be at first.
Readings done today during breaks:
Shakespeare (who really was der Vere) :mrgreen:
"Other Side of Deception" by Viktor Ostrovsky.
Gilad Atzmon's Has bar at trolls (hilarious).
"Conspiracy Theorist: One who asks legitimate questions about shady activities of people who're well known to be liars." https://www.archive.org :mrgreen: http://www.secretsinplainsight.com/

Elew

#354 Post by Elew » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:02 am

Life with chickens Dirt :) Thanks for posting on it...I may not have chickens but might someday...I am taking notes

We got in some canned veggies and things yesterday to add to our long term food. Everything growing indoors here is doing great too :) We have pesto, dried basil, salad and sprouts over flowing the place. Round 2 of tomatoes just starting to flower. Lingon berries growing new shoots and blackberries about 6 inches taller. I think they will grow faster when it gets warmer.

I've been beading...I go into like a bead trance state, days go by and I forget there is a world out here. It's good recharging time. Also doing metal work, and leather work...trying to get the shops full before spring, working on promoting to bring in more sales, and also focusing on some dreaming stuff I've been working on.

Andy F

#355 Post by Andy F » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Moonday!
Checking in here, seems a lot of visitors, few new posts. Ahhh, well, so I can assume not posting means busy prepping, and learning. That is good!
Listening to my Latin favorites ALL day today, Cuban guitarists, Chingon, and Carlos Santana's recent 2018 concert (awesome) while I do paperFUN, new writings and planning on doing some small handwork. I wish I had some :mrgreen: , but my figures would get skewed a bit off kilter.
It's a peaceful existence when you can forget the world's "benevolent" playahs. Like Elew wisely did, I plan to get mind lost for hours on end this week. It's the end of the month & projects waning. I haven't thought about my February BuyLIST & still need to plan Feb's ToDo List.
Oh, I really like the new Side Steps on truck. Wondering WHY I didn't put those on years ago. Only thing I noticed while installing the steps, I saw a few small areas that needs paint touchups. Oh JOY! A new chore I didn't expect :|
Side Steps.jpg
Side Steps.jpg (41.67 KiB) Viewed 313 times

Elew

#356 Post by Elew » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:27 am

Still beading here Andy...and waiting to hear back about the shearling....

I dropped into fb for a bit because that is where all the beaders are. Aside from that I listen to audio books and it takes all my hands and eyes to bead. I learned a long time ago that I need extra hands to bead and type, but no one seems to have any ;)

dirtmurphy

#357 Post by dirtmurphy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:57 pm

Oh, that's so pretty Elew! And I'm glad you like the chicken posts. Andy, I'm with you in hoping that people are just too busy with their preps to post much. It feels like time is getting shorter and I, for one, need to be putting my back into it.
I've been busy hauling and splitting wood. The "laundry room barn" is also done or at least done enough to get the birds in there before the arctic blast rolls in this afternoon. The rain at the edge of the front has just started so I got it done just in time. I'm giving them a little more time in the chicken run while I finish my cup of coffee. It's been a hectic few days. I found a local source for bulk organic fodder seeds so I'm very excited about that. Something got into my greenhouse and ate a bunch of freshly germinated wheat berries so I have to start all over now. Oh well.

Elew

#358 Post by Elew » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:18 pm

Thanks Dirt :) It's a trick feather...eventually it will morph into a wood stove, hopefully by spring!

Andy F

#359 Post by Andy F » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:27 pm

Wednesday?
Dispelling the MYTH of Nuclear "Little Boy" over Hiroshima. And renamed the boy a "BIG LIAR"
You have to know, Robert J Oppenheimer was a member of the Communistic tribe.
It's over in the PDF Zone & keep in mind, photos
& voice recordings do not LIE, so I wear a bodycam :mrgreen:

I'll say it, although it is a little bit incorrect...

“All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.” ~Arthur Schopenhauer.

If you want to read more on Schopenhauer, then check out Philosophy section at Stanford.edu https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/schopenhauer/
The real story of how it became the incorrect quote, students didn't want to or couldn't spend time reading, therefore couldn't grasp it quick enough, so it had to be simplified which made it into a summary and also incorrect.
AND that is how big LIES keep getting passed around until the whole world believes it to be truth.
It's not. :lol:

Elew

#360 Post by Elew » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:13 am

I was listening to Self Liberation Through Seeing with Naked Awareness

It dawned on me, if we look at everything happening (with the powers that be) in terms of chakras it is like a systematic chakra sabotage or attack. I don't even know what it would be called...I think the root chakra is the only one left now that the gender stuff is well underway. It's a strange thing to notice suddenly, because it's been pretty systematic starting back in the late 60s maybe, at least from what I can see.