What did you do to prepare today?

What did you do to prepare today?
dirtmurphy

Re: What did you do to prepare today?

#421 Post by dirtmurphy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:51 pm

@Kink, I love small engines too! And thanks for getting back to me about the chain. I've been wrestling with a migraine so I understand how frustrated you must get when you're unable to push forward with your projects. In the middle of the migraine, one of my chickens (Lowena) got a nasty cut and then that evening my cat came in tracking blood so it's been hectic. I feel like throwing up every time I have to move and it's hard to think and now I have to clean wounds. Oh well.

Andy F

#422 Post by Andy F » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:58 pm

@dirtmurphy Did you drink enough water? Dehydration #1 cause of headaches, including Migraines, sip on it if you can. Hope it gets better soon. We were going to name the "girl" Lorena, but it was a boy, so it is similar. Back then, few people got ultrasounds.

So I added 9VDC Active Piezo Electric buzzers to 2 of my circuits; had to order them and now I'll be waiting. I'm doing sit down work, doing ToDo List. Crossed off a few in past couple days.
I've annoyed my left leg, it hurts and now will be babying it. I had a little Ladder conflict, I skipped a rung and the Ladder won :mrgreen:

I have a Question!!! ???
I had bought a 20 lb bag of Pinto Beans about 3 months ago, whether I cook on stove top or in slow cooker, the beans SPLIT open and lose shape & are mushy. They're also pale and the cooked bean juice doesn't have the usual dark color. I thought I simmered too long, but timing made no difference. They taste good though. But I've never had that happen before. Maybe they were old? IDK, I've had pintos for over 5 years & didn't happen.
HELP!

Edit: Friend sent me this, it is funny as heck, until it isn't. These people are being led astray!:
The Climate Change Paper So Depressing It's Sending People to Therapy https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/vbwp ... to-therapy

dirtmurphy

#423 Post by dirtmurphy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:11 pm

@Andy F, I drink lots of water except for when I have the migraines. I'm too nauseated to drink when they hit. My family gets hit hard by migraines: men, women, and children alike. I changed my diet several years ago and that helped a lot but they've gotten pretty bad again. I'm losing 5-7 days of productivity/month. I also do daily magnesium.
Your bean question is interesting. My best guess is that they had too much rain before harvest. Once you soak them, the cell walls are bursting. That's only a guess though. Last year was our wettest year on record and there was almost no point in trying to dehydrate most produce because the end result wasn't that great so we ended up canning and fermenting most of our harvests. Cell walls can only hold back so much water you know.
Once I get all of the pressing carpentry projects done around here, I will absolutely hit you up for advice on electrical projects. I appreciate your offer.
So much to learn and do, so little time! Who's up for a challenge? :mrgreen:

Kink

#424 Post by Kink » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:30 pm

Damn Murphy that's rough yourself buddy. Definitely can understand each other, my autoimmune is a fickle bitch and I can have 2-3 solid good months or 2 weeks of productivity a month for 3-6 months. I hope you can get something figured out for those though, I used to have prescription migraine meds, have you tried those? And I am definitely down for this challenge, until the day i croak :mrgreen:

F'd up my back yesterday from too many pullups/situps/pushups :roll: but still managed to pickup a lot of the thrash in the yard and get the house cleaned/vacuumed. Bought a scabbard for the chainsaw and used the hacksaw to cut it to fit my 14" and used the dremel to clean the cut. Need to scrounge for some leather straps and maybe I'll just use a carabiner to attach it securely.

Andy F

#425 Post by Andy F » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:51 am

A couple weeks ago, I'd gotten that one phonecall from the CDC, and I just hung up the phone. Didn't speak to them.
Last night, I got another call from CDC phone number. I answered and heard his CDC spiel,
then I stated "Immediately take me off your call list" the man asked why.
I said, "People are either coerced into getting 5 dozen untested vaccines or they get murdered when CDC is involved."
He hung up. :lol:

Still mostly on sit down detail while babying my Laddered Leg.

edit: While I'm healing the leg, I visited Missing411 tales while I work on Pyrography. I have 5 of David Paulides paperback books from the CanAm Project "Missing411" and those are numerous strange cases of people of all ages who go missing in forests or mountainous areas throughout the USA and Canada. Paulides, for those who don't know, is former 20 year LEO Detective. He's been on these cases since 2012 that I know of. I'd listened to all his videos, after having visited Skinwalker Ranch up in Utah (some scary stuff happens there, US Gov't bought the ranch, also the other guy I forget who).
CanAm Website: http://www.canammissing.com/page/page/8396197.htm
Paulides Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw_cG1 ... svK-l2xceA

dirtmurphy

#426 Post by dirtmurphy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:54 pm

@Andy F, @Kink, be well y'all. We all need to take good care of ourselves. The CDC won't do it for us!
Today is the first day of the Organic Grower's School Spring Conference. I'm attending a full day workshop on year round growing taught by Pam Dawling and Ira Wallace. I've been looking forward to this for months!

Andy F

#427 Post by Andy F » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:41 pm

Grrrr,
I just shut down ads again. I'd lost my adnauseum app back when I wiped my HD.
Ads flash and bounce the page around. Now I don't see any ads. Google hates it.
AdNauseam - Clicking Ads So You Don't Have To
https://adnauseam.io/
As online advertising becomes ever more ubiquitous and unsanctioned, AdNauseam works to complete the cycle by automating Ad clicks universally and blindly

Andy F

#428 Post by Andy F » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:31 pm

Today? This,
ORP, MU etc viewtopic.php?p=2930#p2930

And this viewtopic.php?p=2932#p2932

Burning the midnight oil, 3rd day now.
Finishing up on 6" fan projects, ordered the last few bolts from BoltDepot, Nylon Washers for spins. Wiring up a couple Speed Controllers, using Transister & a 20K Pot.
Leg hurts like he!! today and it is swollen up.

I'd not brought up games, violent games are used in Military, gamers are recruited for various jobs, like operating Drones etc.
It is used for programming soldiers, but in civilian life they program people. The average age category for these games are 14 yo to mid 20s (last time I looked at stats).
One of the newest Play Station and X-Box games just released, and there are others,
RIOT - Civil Unrest
Merge Games Limited
PSN Game Released Feb 5, 2019

Kink

#429 Post by Kink » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:57 pm

Secured the tarp on the first crib, found it's easier to just tie something to the side of he tarp to give it weight against wind, also finished the second crib by making 4 3ft deep holes as andy suggested for the branch side supports. Picked and stacked all the wood in the shed and on the tarps outside onto the 2nd crib and secured a tarp over it.

Once again attempted to take a slightly larger cherry with my 14" :lol: ... got the bar stuck under the full wait of the tre. Oh well, lost the bar/possibly chain, found this replacement bar + comes with another chain. I clearly gotta research better techniques :mrgreen:

Last edited by Kink on Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dirtmurphy

#430 Post by dirtmurphy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:54 am

Wow Andy, I hate to hear that about your leg. You really hurt it. Kink, can you put a larger bar and chain on your saw? I've heard you can swap out and put on smaller ones though I have no experience with that.
Yesterday I took a half-day mushroom cultivation workshop and two classes on water management and Black Soldier Fly production. Today I'm taking a farm equipment maintenance and operation workshop, a pollinator class, and a class on making cordage. I'm still unsure about the cordage class though. I may end up taking a soils class instead. We'll see.