What did you do to prepare today?

What did you do to prepare today?
Kink

Re: What did you do to prepare today?

#471 Post by Kink » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:14 pm

Nah that was actually done with the dremel and an almost worn out grinding stone since I was curious what would happen, it smells like BBQ sauce lol. Good idea about the soldering iron, I'll look into one of those once I start getting a better hand at making the pipes.

...But first the meek must survive a grand solar minimum! :twisted: :mrgreen:

Andy F

#472 Post by Andy F » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:21 pm

I felt like Samsarah Connor, after the view inside my Walmart trip today, and I looked back as I drove out onto the road.
I wanted to scream at people to WTFU! However, I'd end up in court on Tuesday for causing a Civil Disturbance.
Survival of this GSM? I want to help... in a few ways.
For my Kid, am sure am giving it one he!! of a go, and riding the waves on the Eves of Destruction :mrgreen:
"Conspiracy Theorist: One who asks legitimate questions about shady activities of people who're well known to be liars." https://www.archive.org :mrgreen: http://www.secretsinplainsight.com/

Kink

#473 Post by Kink » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:00 pm

Completely get that Andy, have been trying to convince my neighbors who are Iraqi/Indonesian, and it's been a very hard time even getting them to save some water. They got a few gallons when their water was shut off for a day and ended up using it the same day when it came back on despite everything I've told them :shock:.

In their defense, they are much much more well off than I am financially so I'd probably be like this guy is young, having trouble financially, etc why is he worrying about us at al? I'm sure they will come around in a couple more years once it gets undeniable even for people as busy as them who never pay attention to their yards or look around at nature to see all the lichen growing on every tree, etc. I plant the seed and if they are receptive that's fine but I would quite easily drive myself nuts trying to convince everyone wholeheartedly because just not being able to convince the people that do a lot for me gives me Onset Cassandra Syndrome.

Has your son come around yet Andy? My mother is my only family member who believes it and understands most of it completely

Kink

#474 Post by Kink » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:52 am

.:- Sunday -:.

Got lots of lawn work yet to do, going to cut down our neighbor's grasses for them if i can get the chainsaw running before the new air filter arrives tomorrow. If I can get it running I'll get more wood cut and split as well. Gotta finish the two cherry tree's before moving onto the pine. They made me a nice huge pile of pine wood chips I'd like to look into making a mushroom farm if possible too.

Time to smell the coffee and get going! :D

dirtmurphy

#475 Post by dirtmurphy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:00 pm

Hey Kink! You're going to need fresh hardwood chips instead of pine for mushroom production. I'm working on a blog post on King Stropharia production. I'll post a link as soon as I'm done. Good luck!

Andy F

#476 Post by Andy F » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:35 pm

To the MOON! Day.
@Kink, the Kid is starting to ask a few Q's. So, I guess his brain cells are warming up. I hope.

Doing Seal A Meal PB. Starting a new Mung Bean sprout jar for stir fry. Messing with ELectrical, this and that. :mrgreen:
I'd recently rewatched the film "Murder By Num3ers" with Sandra Bullock. It is a loose adaptation to the 1924 Leopold and Loeb "Crime of the Century" of the two who planned to do the "Perfect Murder" and their thrill killing, and showing no remorse at all while believing they'd never get caught because they were too smart.
(see interview footage YT documentary by Peter David). Both those boys came from prominent & wealthy Jewish families in Chicago, and both went to "Preparatory Schools". Loeb's father is who started Sears & Roebuck back in the day. The numerology of and behind their actions is undeniably beyond insane.

Yep, Russian Revolution 2.0 is gearing up. S/B in full swing by late October. I don't want to PLAY!
But in the meantime, I'm LMAO at the Purple Gang and having fun with it.
LOL, a Librarian that knows History!

Anyhow,
Carry ON!
"Conspiracy Theorist: One who asks legitimate questions about shady activities of people who're well known to be liars." https://www.archive.org :mrgreen: http://www.secretsinplainsight.com/

Kink

#477 Post by Kink » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:34 pm

Today more yard work, and waiting for a call from a second landscaping company that the first gave my name. Told me he would call yesterday again and it seemed we left off on a positive note so not sure, but could sure use this job and even said I'd be willing to walk over a mile to and from the bus to get to them. Now I'm just waiting for a new ignition module for the chainsaw as I was running the saw tuned too rich which caused the engine block housing the spark plug to make the coil in the ignition module weaken and fracture. Easy fix, and a lesson to learn from.

Here's to a good day from me to you, keep preppin and staying positive! mmmmmm coffeee :mrgreen:

Andy F

#478 Post by Andy F » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:23 pm

Post #1666 and BOO! :lol:
"It's not fried Daddy! It's Shake-N-Bake, and I hep'd!"
BOO 1666.jpg
Yep still Prepping & Trek Stepping.
All Million mile treks started with 1 step.
You can start a new walk anytime.

Kink

#479 Post by Kink » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:05 pm

Still no response from landscaping guy, which is fine just time to apply elsewhere. Where one door closes, 5 more open - you just need to look! It's my mission to be employed this month whether I have to push a mower around house-house or walk into 20 stores myself. Had my first bonfire of the year at sunset yesterday and was very impressed by how hot and efficient the cherry wood is and it's not even a quarter way through its seasoning :).

Saving all of my wood ash in baggies and sealing the rest I don't since the uses for this stuff are endless! Soil amendment to replace lime for PH buffer, soil amendment for calcium that tomatoes love, keeps snails out of your garden, keeps insects/rodents out of your house, can use it to make soap, feed it to chickens, put it in compost, make cement/glue, etc etc. Save that ash!

Hope your day is great, keep it preppin all!

Andy F

#480 Post by Andy F » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:11 pm

@Kink Ask your neighbors for their empty coffee containers etc. Those are great for storage of non-edibles and they stack very good.

LOL, about the one door closes and 5 opens. It is true.
On the magick of LIES. 1 lie magically creates 1000 new lies to support their 1 lie. I'm laughing at our adult 5 year old magical thinkers aka LDA Revolutionaries who're cracking their own pathological Matrix of LIES. You know, those Men in Black from the Sofia Stewart story of the Matrix Gestapo :lol:

I'm listening to radio while I do some handwork, and some metal deburring & grinding.
I had cut a 3" long strip of 1.5" x 1.5" AL angle to use as a bracket, but now I can't remember what the durned bracket goes to. Oops! :mrgreen:
ToDo List to the rescue, I hope. I'm updating it too.

edit: it is a Ceiling Fan bracket :lol: I must need a cup of AU's Lunatic Soup :mrgreen: