Welcome to the forum.

This is where you introduce yourself.
F X

Re: Welcome to the forum.

#21 Post by F X » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Saw this on Twitter and joined. Been posting online as F X (fx, FX, etc) for two decades now. It's my pseudonym. Has nothing to do with FX network or any film. (It is short for effects, as in special effects, a film/TV term)

I'm not sure what this (forum and iceagefarmer) is about yet, but introducing myself before I start wandering around and reading up. Ask me anything, I'm old and wise, but still have a sense of humor. I'm not kidding, I am really old. Old enough to remember the 1958 article in Harpers on The coming ice age. And I actually own a copy of Hamakers Survival of Civilization.

dirtmurphy

#22 Post by dirtmurphy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:39 pm

Hey everyone, I'm Dirt Murphy. I'm an urban farmer in Asheville, NC. I grew up on a subsistence farm in WV and earned a B.S. in Biology from a top-tier university. Education doesn't end when you get that diploma, however. That's why I'm here on the forum. I am also constructing a website on food production. You can check it out at https://dirtmurphy.wixsite.com/website. More content is forthcoming. This is just what I have to offer so far. Any advice on how to improve it would be appreciated. Thanks!

CreoleGenius

#23 Post by CreoleGenius » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:34 am

Welcome, FX. Old geologist here, but never as old as you are. I was raised by an older geologist, whose muses assured him that this interglacial period was coming to an end. My dad is gone these twenty years, but his lessons are being lived out in my own life. I am teaching my own son as well, though he is only a lowly engineer.

Righteous

#24 Post by Righteous » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:33 am

Well met everyone. Just listened to the recent Freedomslips radio show which led me here. Very interested in learning more about self sufficiency regarding a solar minimum. Hopefully if i ever get out of this apartment I can really start, until then i'll use this opportunity to plan and learn the required skill sets.

I look forward to following this forum and contributing where I am able.

Fight the good fight, brothers and sisters

AV1

#25 Post by AV1 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:41 pm

Likewise, just found the forum through the latest freedom slips radio. Great show and good luck with the forum. Just sent you a PM.
Building today for our tomorrow

AV1

#26 Post by AV1 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi from the UK

AV1

AV1

#27 Post by AV1 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Third time lucky posting in this section. Great to be here and good luck with the forum.

BrettS

#28 Post by BrettS » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:59 am

Hello all, so pleased you have put a forum up Christian. Forums are far easier to navigate than FarceBook.

Every now and then you get to see how people will react when there are shortages of anything. Go to a sale, or a fuel shortage and the worst of human nature will be on display.

So much to learn, so little time . . .

jonsouthern

#29 Post by jonsouthern » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:21 am

Hello Christian , so good to be here , the forum will be great to share information and experiences Jon

CreoleGenius

#30 Post by CreoleGenius » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 pm

You two administrators are going to let this baby die as soon as it emerges from the womb.