EMP & Solar Energy Systems - What happens?

Farside

Re: EMP & Solar Energy Systems - What happens?

#11 Post by Farside » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:12 pm

I recall him talking about the generators and pumping machinery for the natural gas supply across Canada being hardened. That was a big concern of mine because if something like that happens in January then a big chunk of the population will freeze in a matter of hours. None of the hardened engines used for pumping and generation use electronic fuel injection. He went on to say domestic gas meters will be toast, but at least people will have gas supply for their furnace.

I did point out to him that all the modern gas fired furnaces and hot water heaters use electronic ignition systems and there is no pilot light anymore for safety reasons. That seems to have been an oversight that was not considered because I got some swear words in response. LOL

An interesting take away from that conversation was that he didn't seem all too concerned about a global blackout like I was. His response was in agreement that it's just a matter of time, but that the time frame is 50 years and he's not likely to be around to see it.

His big concern was the regional blackouts. The probability of that happening to a region of the globe the size of North america was really high. Sorry I can't remember the stats but it's something in the neighborhood of 80% by 2025. This is what has the governments packing themselves.

My take away here is that gas pumps will be non-functional, as will traffic lights and a whole bunch of things that are critical to a properly functioning logistics chain. So even if my car is running, and trucks are running, chances are I won't have gas for very long. Same thing with food. And what truck driver in their right mind is going to keep on truckin' under those circumstances anyway?

Where I live, and how I live right now means if this happened in the dead of winter then we will most likely not make it to spring if I did not have the necessary information and survival skills to be able to get the heck out of the city with my family. Around here, nothing much edible is harvestable until June. The ground is frozen solid in November. Worst case scenario is bleak.

Andy F

#12 Post by Andy F » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:33 am

@Farside Bleak, indeed. Same here. It is late, I'll respond better later, so I wanted to post this discussion at Futurescience. It is long, several sections, so here is LINK https://www.futurescience.com/emp/vehicles.html
This guy has all the correct equipment for testing various protective methods. I have some of the cloth. It is bookoo bucks.

Dr. Arthur Bradley, a NASA employee with a Ph.D in electrical engineering, has several excellent videos on EMP on YouTube. One of his new 2017 videos demonstrates the testing of electromagnetic shielding fabric that can be place over a car to get a significant amount of EMP shielding. That video is at:
Protect Generators and Cars from EMP It appears Bradley is in a EMP proof room, more like a Safe Room. Hard to say.
"Conspiracy Theorist: One who asks legitimate questions about shady activities of people who're well known to be liars." https://www.archive.org :mrgreen: http://www.secretsinplainsight.com/

Farside

#13 Post by Farside » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:44 pm

I worked at a small company a few years back that was involved in MRI among other things. One of the projects we had on the go was an MRI coil simulator which is a pretty big deal because a real MRI coil requires a lot of very expensive stuff to operate (liquid nitrogen, plumbing etc) which makes manufacturing and testing the coils extremely difficult.

Anyway, we did a lot of work on RF shielding as a side effect of what we were doing, since these things are extremely sensitive to outside RF interference, and we also didn't want the huge RF fields we generated from polluting our environment.

I was genuinely surprised at how much RF radiation in the 64MHz range can be blocked with such low tech materials as chicken wire and aluminum foil. I knew from my work at Panasonic (working with cordless phones) that aluminum foil was really effective in the gigahertz range, but I didn't think it would still be effective down into the 5 meter band and likely into the magic 6 meter band.

Andy F

#14 Post by Andy F » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:25 pm

"Conspiracy Theorist: One who asks legitimate questions about shady activities of people who're well known to be liars." https://www.archive.org :mrgreen: http://www.secretsinplainsight.com/