Un-Food

Elew

Un-Food

#1 Post by Elew » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:42 pm

A little space for all the odd food substitutes they have and will be coming up with...

Elew

Perfect Day is 3D printing dairy milk without the cow

#2 Post by Elew » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:50 pm

There are more and more non-dairy milks hitting the shelves, from soy and hemp to pecans and flax seed, but a milk alternative (hopefully) coming in 2019 is actually a dairy product, despite the fact that it comes out of a 3D printer and not a cow’s udder. Founded by Ryan Pandya and Perumal Gandhi, Perfect Day is a San Francisco-based company on a mission to make animal-free dairy products available to everyone. They recently entered into a Joint Development Agreement with Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), a global agriculture and food ingredients business based in Illinois, to scale up production and commercialize their dairy proteins.

What distinguishes Perfect Day’s milk from every other milk alternative in the store is its casein and whey proteins that are molecularly identical to the same proteins in milk that comes from cows. They create those dairy proteins sans-cow by inserting a modified version of bovine (cow) DNA into yeast microflora, instructing it to produce whey and casein when it ferments with sugar. A biotech 3D printer is used to place the DNA into specific locations in the yeast. After fermentation, the microflora is filtered out, leaving just the dairy proteins.

Perfect Day milk is vegan, lactose-free, hormone- and antibiotic-free, cholesterol-free, high in protein, has a longer shelf life (than traditional milk)

https://www.3ders.org/articles/20181120 ... e-cow.html
```````````
So they say it is vegan, but is it really? It cannot be a dairy product and be vegan.

And see the language, 'traditional milk'...like 3D printing is already the accepted new milk, but real milk is old, traditional.

Andy F

Re: Un-Food

#3 Post by Andy F » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:03 am

Lunatics creating "real milk" for us Lemmings.
Good grief Elew, WOW, that sure took me by surprise :lol:
I. Refuse. 3-D. Printed. Milk?
Period.
End of story.

Ice Age Prepper

#4 Post by Ice Age Prepper » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:34 am

Walmart beef... went shopping yesterday for some beef 80% to add into my chili. Well, wifey points out the ingredients on the package for "all natural beef."
I am thinking what do you mean ingredients?
"Beef with natural flavoring"
What?
"Your Gonna Need More than a Wool Blanket for This One!" *Ice Age Prepper
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQwRNf ... tpFxt_SGQA

iceagefarmer
Site Admin

#5 Post by iceagefarmer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:19 am

Ice Age Prepper wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:34 am
"Beef with natural flavoring"
:lol: I can't stop laughing at this.

The 3-D printed milk is amazing!

Great thread!!!!!

Andy F

#6 Post by Andy F » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:45 pm

Buy only whole pieces of quality meat from reputable sources, know who they are. Grind the beef etc yourselves.
You never know what is in Ground meats unless you know the real source.