Bringing more to bear for clarity on the magnetosphere

Grand Solar Minimum: Science behind the cycles and effects, as well as historical analysis.
anomalous howard

Re: Bringing more to bear for clarity on the magnetosphere

#11 Post by anomalous howard » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:42 pm

Mr. dirt,

Your input has been extremely valuable. The paper you pointed me to was a significant piece of the puzzle.
That is, if I've pieced it together in some semblance of coherence.
Combined with the info in this paper, the picture began to emerge from the haze.
https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access ... iew=mobile

DavidM

#12 Post by DavidM » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:31 am

The attached Geospace image dated December 22 2018 shows that with extremely low solar wind density there remains no change, this addresses and excludes the issue of the anomaly being caused by high solar wind density.
Attachments
Low Solar Wind Density..PNG
Low Solar Wind Density..PNG (148.75 KiB) Viewed 1949 times

anomalous howard

#13 Post by anomalous howard » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:51 am

David Mortimer III took the matter to NOAA on their facebook page. His question sat there accumulating potshots from the peanut gallery and no response from NOAA....for 17 hours.
Since I also speak a fair bit of meteorology, I realized that NOAA was not the exact right spot for his question. NOAA does climate/weather (badly)...space weather is not what they do at all.
The SWPC (Space Weather Prediction Center) is responsible for the imagery and the satellites and telemetry and the data, diagnostics and the rest of that stuff.
They are a division of NOAA but they have their own separate purview and their own separate facebook page.

So just to put NOAA on the spot I barraged them with what I had been looking into:
https://www.facebook.com/NOAAClimateGov ... 22R0%22%7D

Just in case it all gets disappeared from the NOAA page I took screenshots:
https://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg ... d=31941956

Within 3 minutes of the end of my barrage, THREE MINUTES - not 17 hours>>> NOAA responded to David...heheheh.
Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition!
(dirtmurphy will know what I mean by that ;) )

https://www.facebook.com/NOAAClimateGov ... %22R%22%7D

NOAA Climate.Gov: David Mortimer III - NOAA's Space Weather Prediction Center will have more information on this.

So now the ball is in the right court...or at least David's question is. Still awaiting response from SWPC. David is willing to wait a while while we observe the situation some more and possibly accumulate more data and information. I'll wait and observe as well.
https://www.facebook.com/NWSSWPC/posts/ ... 22R2%22%7D

anomalous howard

#14 Post by anomalous howard » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:59 pm

Ok...what an embarrassing development. I'm wondering why this info took me three days to find. Actually, with all the people trying to figure it out, it's about 15 man-days.
Anomaly canceled.
http://geo.phys.spbu.ru/~tsyganenko/modeling.html
"The animation on the left below shows how the magnetospheric field varies in response to the diurnal wobbling of the geodipole."

Animated gif here: https://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg ... d=31943263
One person (on day 1.5) suggested that it may be due to tilt of Earth being at the time of Solstice. I checked for historical images and the closest I could find was late November. Since this tilt was first recorded on Dec 3 and the Nov 28 image from an earlier year was not anything like what was seen on Dec 3 this year, I thought this could well be an anomalous event. However, this graphic shows there is a seasonal change to the orientation and that change appears to match what is seen now.
Last edited by anomalous howard on Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dirtmurphy

Re: Bringing more to beaexplains our for clarity on the magnetosphere

#15 Post by dirtmurphy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:39 pm

Oh my. :oops:
Ok, so that explains our "anomaly." While this is a little embarrassing for both of us, it isn't the end of the world. We've both learned from this, and that's what's important. It just goes to show how much we need to keep exploring the science from all angles. It's been a pleasure sleuthing with you, and I look forward to more of it in the future!

anomalous howard

#16 Post by anomalous howard » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:18 pm

That's how science works. See something, investigate, develop a theory along the way. Never stop testing the theory. Never stop trying to disprove it. If it continues to stand up against scrutiny, and it is predictive, then use it. If you find something to disprove it, don't hesitate to say so.
When disproven, you've learned something, hopefully. We did get some learning in along the way. On the whole, quite enjoyable.

I'm surprised the necessary information was as hard to find as it was. I kept looking for historical views for comparison just in case I could find any that showed the angular shift under settled space weather conditions. I clicked on a lot of links...hundreds. The gif I finally found this morning that demonstrates the seasonality shift is the only one out of those hundreds that were inconclusive. The one that showed a Nov. 28 screenshot from an earlier year fell into the category of appearing to confirm an anomaly since the first shot of the current angle was taken Dec. 3. That Nov. 28 shot showed no angle and is only separated by 5 calendar days from Dec. 3. That one will continue to nag me...lol.

If only the global warming crowd would do the same...but they just keep trying to fit data to the theory that is wrong.

I'll still be watching the magnetic pole shift and continuing weakening of the geomagnetic field strength though. These two aspects are still very important.

anomalous howard

#17 Post by anomalous howard » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:00 am

BTW dirt,
You are now famous as, "that other fella from North Carolina" as the final reference in:

We'll soon see how smAsho mAsh handles the new information.

While discussing a meeting between us three, your home state was, of course, mentioned. Doin' Tar Heels proud. ;)
ImageImage

anomalous howard

#18 Post by anomalous howard » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:25 am

These are the most recent readings given for the amount of movement seen at the North Magnetic Pole.
The start date for this data is May 2017. This segment starts on Nov 17, 2018 and ends on Dec 12, 2018.
Column F is month, G is day, H is year.
The readings in column B registers in degrees. In May 2017 the start point was arbitrarily set to 10. So 10 degrees is baseline May 2017.
Since then the pole has moved 2.59 degrees to the East, toward Siberia. As shown by the readings of 12.59.

There are 3 readings taken that show 12.99. That may be the quantum jump in speed starting to show up in the readings or it may be a magnetic jerk. It may be that accelerations are accompanied by a jerk.
In any case that 1/2 degree represents between 34 and 35 miles.
So we wait for 3 more weeks.
Merry Christmas.

anomalous howard

#19 Post by anomalous howard » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:07 am

The latest installment from Suspicious 0bservers concerning Doug Vogt's work. Corroboration within the video is quite compelling.
Vogt's videos on this page: https://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg ... d=31947400

After taking it all in...go to 16 minutes and 9 seconds...pause it there.

Then compare to the map I was recently able to configure as to the current position of the North Magnetic Pole.

Then understand that there is now a good possibility that a new jump in either position or speed or both is underway.

I'm not at all liking the look of things. The video reiterates Doug Vogt's estimation that we are within a decade or two of the instant when a full magnetic flip takes place.

From what I see, it's even closer than that. Much closer since Magnetic North has now crossed past Geographic North as is illustrated in the S0 video at 16:09.

Within this context, the market meltdown makes more sense. Continued large downward movement of the stock market would definitely take place if my estimation is even only just vaguely close to correct.
I like to make sure that aspects from a wide variety of perspectives line up as I study the GSM/pole shift.
The market action is among them. It's always difficult to ascribe market activity to any single "cause" so as of now, I'm putting it in the category of very suspicious correlation with GSM/pole shift awareness among the "big money" players who would know details that us average folk have to tease out from vague clues.

Anyway...go to 16:19 and compare the two maps. The yellow dot below the intersection of the Magnetic North Pole's track (1980 - 2015 - "current position") and the Prime Meridian is the Geographic North Pole
In Ben Davidson's words, "The North (magnetic) Pole would slowly meander around the Arctic Circle and then begin to trace towards the (geographic) pole....faster, speeding up and the catching a hairpin turn around the geographic pole and then come back down."

https://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg ... d=31947400

anomalous howard

#20 Post by anomalous howard » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:10 pm

Grinding my way through this newer, more catastrophic thesis that has been sprung on us. Its relationship to the geomagnetic perspective definitely says it belongs on this topic.

In Ben Davidson's words, "The North (magnetic) Pole would slowly meander around the Arctic Circle and then begin to trace towards the (geographic) pole....faster, speeding up and then catching a hairpin turn around the geographic pole and then come back down."

As we have been watching, the North Magnetic Pole has moved past the geographic pole in the last several months. Now that it's there, the hairpin turn and swing to the Equator is imminently next.....IF what is outlined by Doug Vogt and the evidence/forecast brought forward in the S0 video is accurate. There's still the issue of exact timing but I'm leaning toward ANY DAY in the next year...two years at the outside. It could be this week or during January or whenever 2019. We are certainly living in interesting times. Dangerous times as well. One could say biblically so.

Diamond of Oppenheimer Ranch has been a faithful adherent to the Milankovich Cycle as the culprit behind the 12,000 year cycle. He based this view on his research as a geologist. In an earlier post I showed evidence from Ned Nikolov https://twitter.com/NikolovScience why that cycle could not be causal in the way that its adherents claim.

After listening to Diamond's vid for yesterday in which he brings up his plans to interview Vogt.... At 19:33 into the video he pretty much suggests that he would be ready to drop the Milankovich Cycle like a hot potato in favor of Vogt's "mechanism" that is on the same periodicity but not related.

The first thing that comes to mind about that is, even though the mechanism that has been ascribed to the Milankovich cycle (distance from Sun due to orbital obliquity etc) is not the case, the Milankovich Cycle may be related to cyclical variations in interplanetary/solar magnetic field interactions that are correlative to what Vogt brings forward. But that's just spitballing. It may be quite plausible though since cause/effect interplay between various magnetic fields could follow things like orbital cyclicity thus being a factor in the Sun's internal magnetics. A question to ask would be if variations in the orbits of the other planets...mostly Jupiter and Saturn...also have a 12,000 year Milankovich-like obliquity cycle.

According to the "World in Peril" image, what is expected if the thesis were to hold, we would not see a full magnetic pole reversal. It would be a 90ish degree excursion. Note the magnetic pole crosses the Prime Meridian past Geographic North on the Western hemisphere side in the book's illustration.

In the present time this crossing is on the Eastern Hemisphere side. And it has already happened. So if there's going to be that "hairpin turn" (Ben's wording), it should be sooner than everyone expects. If Vogt's "micronova" timing is correct, the micronova would happen between one and two decades after the pole shift.

Since the "micronova" event has been cyclically tied to the pole shift, if magnetic north just continues along its merry way, on the track it has already established, for the next several months to a year, it would be safe to say that the micronova thesis can be put in the out box.

If the "hairpin turn" around the geographic pole occurs from the current configuration we get north and south magnetic on the opposite sides from what is shown in the book. But that would make sense since the illustration in the book would show the result of one half of a full cycle with the next "event" completing the full "flip" cycle.....returning the poles to the position they would have "flipped" to two excursions ago.