What did you do to prepare today?

What did you do to prepare today?
Elew

Re: What did you do to prepare today?

#291 Post by Elew » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:43 pm

Hiya :)

Sorry I was MIA in this thread...I'v been on limited internet time so had to focus on the shops and minds is more like fb...(drive by posting). I do alot of promo posting there and share the GSM videos. I did add the shaving cream and things to the recipe section here, and did the mod things that needed doing....I just was running out of time.

So to update...MC (my daughter) is healing. Lots of PT and some OT. It turns out her tailbone was fractured as well as broken ribs...but everything is healing. We have her on bone broth and miso along with gelatin. She can walk 8 feet with no crutches, but can pretty much get around her house with crutches and/or the wheelchair. I have her picking up marbles with her toes, doing a bit of feldenkrais to wake up and heal her nerves and keep her lymphatic system healthy, and really focusing on nerve and muscle memory. Building happy healthy memories to let them settle and heal after the shock.
Now we are on to finding another vehicle, lawyers, etc...

Energetically, the night MC had her accident, my shop sales flatlined starting the next morning....and stayed that way until I was free to be home and fill orders. I'm not sure how many others notice how what we energetically project affects the responses of others, but it is something I practice so understand well enough. Projecting a block is easy...getting everything flowing again takes a little more time. It took about a week for me to get the shop sales back up to normal.
Now I've had 3 people ask me if I make my charm holders and other jewelry in gold. I used to do gold work years ago, and do have the tools...so I might start again. I can get recycled (smelted) gold wire, so not supporting new mining, and then have gold onhand for when the price skyrockets. It's still in the contemplation stages, but I might do it.

What I've been working on for us, is getting into a routine...grind flour and baking one day, yogurt and milks another day, etc...so we get a good flow happening and I don't get stressed between work filling the shops, creating new things for the shops, and making all of our own food etc. One place I start is by actively thanking our little turtle home every day for keeping us safe and warm. It may sound odd, but what we put into our space builds up, and comes back as either calm or chaos...so the daily routines become easier when the home is helping too :)

Aside from those things I have been organizing, getting everything into it's own place so it is super functional...

Andy F

#292 Post by Andy F » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:09 am

@Elew That is all very good news, glad MC is doing better, I'm at a loss for words. Still, am praying for her to improve every day. I hunted you down over on Minds. Yes, mental projection of needs and don't needs is powerful. Was smiling as I read that :D ...I thought, Elew really gets it!

Just got in from long fast walk, iPod was Max Headroom: Art of Noise!
LEGS! :lol: Rock on, prep on, carry on!

Friday January 4, 2019, up early 4am. Have a lot planned, library work & ToDo List cross offs are fun.
Ending my day, wiring up 3 AA rechargeable batteries in a flat holder for 4.5VDC for a WW2 Polish Army R/W/G Signal Flash. There are none of those 4.5 VDC flat batteries still available. Modding batteries is fun :mrgreen:

Saturday Jan 5th You really have to know Military to see the disinfo aka BS.
Rock on, prep on, carry on! And carry a big stick and TP for the BS.

Sunday the 6th Looking at all sides to issues, putting puzzle pieces together. Wondering where everyone is?
It is SUNday, I will be a sun worshiper, Monday a Moon worshiper.
About that social justice warrior's constructed BS of the Black Sun, later :mrgreen:
I have a Library. Winter bookworm. Peaceful dissent, is a true anarchist. https://www.archive.org :mrgreen:

Elew

#293 Post by Elew » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:55 pm

Andy :)

Today I am wrapping orders and taking photos (if the wind dies down) of the 20 little smudge feathers I made yesterday, shop stuff. Working on an afghan for my youngest RC, and then on to youth mocs and a new style of hair forks...most of this will magically become a wood stove eventually.

It's 40* F here this morning!! First normal to warm temp we have seen in a while :D

dirtmurphy

#294 Post by dirtmurphy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:26 pm

Andy F wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:09 am
Wondering where everyone is?
I'm here Andy F! We've had a few days of warm dry weather, so I've been putting in as much work as I can. I've been scrapping metal for some extra farm money. I cleaned the coop and spread the dirty bedding on two King Stropharia beds and our medicinal herb garden. I also spread it around two elderberries, two Nanking cherries, a fig, an apple, and a peach tree. Other than that, I've also been hauling wood to the house and chopping it. I set up a new wood crib on the front porch, and we made newspaper logs and wax/wood chip firestarters.
I've also been taking food to a massage therapist on our street. We've worked out a food for massage trade, and I'm pretty stoked about that!
Oh, I also made some bone broth and ginger honey lemonade for our use, and I've been sprouting amaranth for the chickens. I'm new to sprouting, and It isn't my favorite thing (as a seed saver, this just feels wasteful), but it's all about the birdies!

Andy F

#295 Post by Andy F » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:36 pm

Toulouse?
Well I'm glad to be graced with y'alls presence here! Good to hear about your prepping details. I know where Elew hangs out lol.
It's inspiring :mrgreen: I kept hearing Pink Floyd in my head "Is there anybody out there?" from The Wall, released late November 1979 by Columbia Records. December is the party time, usually more alcohol.

Which by the way, was released the year before the Viet Nam Veteran Memorial Wall requests for design submissions in October 1980, to deflect attention from the USS Liberty "'incident"'. http://thewall-usa.com/ Along with some free drugs dropped off in neighborhoods 1960s style from 1979 through 1987; such a tired old Counter Culture move by those who really <<love>> us. We saw through it though.
The you know who's were & still are behind ALL the Ecstasy & Methamphetamine & Opiate (legal & illegal) trade in USA. They do give out free samples, to get people hooked. "Meth Messiah"
Nothing is done without planning for greed.

Anyhoo, I'm doing little things, a bit of organizing tools & project supplies. Nothing too big.
Rewriting and updating list for seeds, sending some Heirlooms to the Kid tomorrow, maybe. Can't find the list of seeds I already sent him & he's not answering his phone at work.
I need to wash my truck, but it is too COLD out today, it will not go through a car wash.

Would you believe, a feral neighborhood cat pooped on my windshield wiper blade? I was driving along, and there it was! Stuck kitty poop, I had to stop and get out, and knock it loose. :lol:

Truesday!
Using Sharpie oil based white paint markers, to label annoying wall wart chargers with their device name & V/I. I'm thinking on a way to consolidate them all inside one box all wired to power in parallel, each will have their own switch, and one plug will power them all, each switch would turn on one wall wart, or I can turn them all on.
Fun little project!
Carry on!

Wedding Day!
Waking up early, got a whole day planned. Stopping in here for a quick visit. Calculating size box needed for the wall wart project, letting the electrical planning go on in my mind. At some point, you get an AH-HA moment! That's how I'll do it and it will be pretty.
Laughing at "Giving Birth" photo :lol: It is outrageously funny!
Gotta go, Carry On!
I have a Library. Winter bookworm. Peaceful dissent, is a true anarchist. https://www.archive.org :mrgreen:

dirtmurphy

#296 Post by dirtmurphy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:59 pm

Today I hauled and chopped more wood. I also took the time to admire what we've accomplished here over the years. One project at a time has built a farm. I'm so fortunate to have all of this life around me. We're now producing eggs, fruit, berries, mushrooms, vegetables, and medicinal and culinary herbs. Oh, and compost! Lots and lots of rich, beautiful compost.
For everyone just getting started on this journey of preparedness, take the time to enjoy it. If you love the plants and the animals, they will love you back.

Andy F

#297 Post by Andy F » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:16 am

Threesday!
I have 3 big things I want to get finished today.
1) Spend 3 hours reviewing ACLS and BLS books, Good Samaritan laws vs evil. DONE.
2) Wix versus Wordpress? :mrgreen:
3)

I just got a phone call, Caller ID said "AZ State Gov't Dept"
I answered, lady started talking on and on about state requirements of vehicle & home insurance.
I interrupted and asked,
"Excuse me, are you legally connected to AZ and speaking on behalf of and as a legal representative of the State of Arizona?"
She hung up immediately. :lol: She knew I knew it was a SCAM!

Freitag? :lol:
I don't know, I felt like flying.
I'm drilling holes in steel. Buying SS bolts at the bolt depot's online store https://www.boltdepot.com/Default.aspx

Kink

#298 Post by Kink » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:59 pm

So glad to hear your daughter is doing well and slowly gaining her strength/ability to walk back, @Elew! I'm also jealous of you @dirtymurphy lol, food for massages sounds amazing. Andy also has been a busy mofo :mrgreen:.

Just finished building the fourth wood crib and chopping some more wood. Big thanks to @Andy/@DirtyMurphy I've begun work on a gravity filter as well but ran into some complications so that's going to have to be put on hold for a little bit, so instead I'm going to attempt to build a Solar Cooker of some kind using hammertoned reflective sheets of Aluminum (Like these), plus some plywood and a glass door, hoping to make it adjustable angle wise for better sun coverage :).

A couple confronted me while chainsawing some wood, it was kinda odd, gone before I could even ask where they lived, I stupidly pointed to my firewood when asked myself. Grrr, I'm smarter than that :oops:. They ended up recently taking some firewood from my stockpiles and I busted them because I found a bunch of logs I knew were in the pile over by the woods dropped leading to their house, but I don't mind just wish they would have asked or even left a note first..

The fourth crib's skeleton, cut down some limbs for the side holders instead of stakes and also made it about the size of the two first ones I made:
After cutting some wood for it:
Cribs 4, 2 and 1:
And finally crib 3:
Last edited by Kink on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andy F

#299 Post by Andy F » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:55 pm

Well Kink, I cannot accept nor will I tolerate thieves, I rate them in the deep fiery pit with LIARS.
I expect more of your wood stores will disappear with the coming GSM issues as they will get worse.
Once a thief or liar, they'll always repeat their acts, it's history repeating. It's like a Biscuit Eater, or a wild animal that tastes blood, you can't ever untrain them. The wood thieves have Learned Helplessness.
Maybe you can store wood inside a shed, or? IDK, I think I'd even store them in my home if I lived where you live.
Smirk...DirtyMurphy... :mrgreen:
Anyhow, check out the many styles & plans for your dimples metals
DIY Solar Cookers here http://solarcooking.org/plans/

For more - http://solarcooking.wikia.com/wiki/Cate ... oker_plans

So the Polish Signal light, I had to finagle, drill a hole for a "momentary on switch" and other than waiting for the switch, it is working good electrically. Not bad for a few decades old. It looks like new too. Hopefully whoever I need to signal knows Morse Code and also wartime use of white vs red vs green light signal meanings.

Kink

#300 Post by Kink » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:40 am

Andy F wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:55 pm
Maybe you can store wood inside a shed, or? IDK, I think I'd even store them in my home if I lived where you live.
I'm going to wait until it's seasoned before moving it into the shed, it's annoying but no point in caring until they try to take a large amount, which I may setup a camera at that point. But just gotta keep building cribs on top of cribs so unless they bring a backhoe they wouldn't be able to make a dent. Free exercise and all that :mrgreen:.

Tyvm for the links to the solar cooker plans link, definitely thinking on going the Box Cooker route :).