Soliciting Contributions

Post material here to be added to wiki.iceagefarmer.com
iceagefarmer
Site Admin

Re: Soliciting Contributions

#41 Post by iceagefarmer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:09 am

Andy F wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:57 am
Woman needs 730,000 Kcal of Russet potatoes to feed her for a year, 2,508 potatoes.
Man needs 1,387,000 Kcal of Russet potatoes to feed him for a year. 4,755 potatoes.
Totals for a M & F is 7,263 Russet potatoes annually.
This is informative, thanks. I have to mention that I did just hear an interview with Andrew Taylor from SpudFit -- his gig is more about breaking food addiction than self-sufficient eating, but he DID demonstrate that one can survive on potatoes alone for a year.

That is a lot of potatoes.

iceagefarmer
Site Admin

#42 Post by iceagefarmer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:39 am

Andy F wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:57 am
I cannot see myself growing over 7,000 potatoes annually. I'm a Realist & somewhat analytical, these dietary specific needs could be looked at and addressed. Increased Fat intake is a desired energy source and pantry storage is easier and takes up far less room. Fat also burns hotter in a body, needing more fat intake during winter cold weather.
Thanks again for getting me thinking on this track -- I included some thoughts in today's video (and gave you props!)

Andy F

#43 Post by Andy F » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:27 pm

Very good coverage Christian. Also interesting with the Spud guy & the other gardening guy. The McDougall Plan was potato heavy diet.
I could have expanded it to include the other food groups, but my main intent was for showing the calorie burn for average daily requirements & amount of calories able to be grown. Otherwise, post would have been a mile long. But I know you understood what was meant.

Short term survival in a no food situation.
A lot of people believe they will just fast when food is scarce. The human body does not work like that, and is because of the body's lost (FBM) Fat Burning Metabolism (see PDF Zone) due to the dietary way of life so common in the modern era of grocery stores. Also, the sugar, dairy & grain industry which is primarily fast metabolized carbohydrates, all contributing to the lost FBM.

Your mention of needing to have the body running optimally. It cannot be done without having or recreating a healthy FBM.
I did that post on FBM, in hopes of showing people how easy the plan is to regenerate a healthy metabolism to include both types of calorie burning metabolisms, Carbs & Fats. Actually doing it is much harder, taking up to 3 or 4 months of daily morning exercise while in an overnight fasting state. It is not hard exercise, can be done at slower paces. There is a turning point and when the body reaches the true FBM well tuned metabolic state, the person will know it and will have energy to spare without hitting that wall, a total opposite to a carb metabolism.
It is not that hard to do.
In my food supplies, I have a good many large jars of Coconut Oil, a food not many survivalists would recognize as food. I plan on Seal A Meal in smaller packets of 8 ounces or so & label as grease.
Food marauders would likely be after the obvious, high starch & sugared foods, meats etc.

Agnostic

#44 Post by Agnostic » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:59 pm

Andy F

#45 Post by Andy F » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:44 am

Bulk Supplements - main website - https://www.bulksupplements.com/

Been buying in bulk from them for years. Certain items.