Hello from New Mexico

This is where you introduce yourself.
vanrompaey

Hello from New Mexico

#1 Post by vanrompaey » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:52 am

Hello, my name is Mark Van Rompaey and I am from Las Cruces, New Mexico. We had a very strange spring here this year. Much colder, wetter, and windier than normal. This area relies heavily on agriculture with crops like cotton, green chile, onions, lettuce, and orchards of pecans. Pistachios are grown up in the Alamogordo area. I am not a farmer but have noticed many of the fields here in LC are very wet from recent rains. I really try to speak to folks I meet and know about the GSM, but encounter resistance and just an attitude of indifference. Anyway, I'm glad to be here and among like minded folks. Thank you and God Bless...

Andy F

Re: Hello from New Mexico

#2 Post by Andy F » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:44 pm

Welcome Mark from New Mexico! :)
People are lulled into complacence, they don't get or don't want to study the science. The confidence of regular life, makes the mind sleepy.
I tell people to get back to me after this October Harvests. By October 2020 scarcity will really hit the food markets.

Lovely state NM. I camped out and did 3 months of walking tours in the surrounding Indian ruins areas of Bernalillo. Love them Cottonwood puffs, sneeze sneeze & watery eyes, still enjoyed my stay. I took the tram up to the top of mountain & WOW it was cold there, snowing in middle of summer.

Again, welcome!

Kink

#3 Post by Kink » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:59 am

Hiya and welcome aboard, Mark!
All of us are experiencing the same issues it seems, what you described is exactly what I'm personally experiencing in Northwest Pennsylvania. I hope you find a niche in the different sections on the site where you will comfortable contributing to as we'd love to hear more from you!

Cheers and god bless to you as well!
-Jimmy

Farside

#4 Post by Farside » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:04 am

Same deal up here in Canada. I recommend you build a compound big enough to house us all when we move to your place because it's too cold to grow anything except dandelions and sheep sorrel!

I totally understand the complacency. I was very active in the financial sector when the 2007 thing happened and I thought the end was near. As incompetent as TPTB seem, the fact that we are still here is testament to some very excellent kicking the can down the road lol!

Climate is a worry for sure. GSM is manageable with some warning. Even during a magnetic pole flip. A micronova is a different store and now I'm getting older, the proposition of surviving through a shift back to the stone age no longer presents itself as a challenge and more like a pain in the ass so big I think I'd rather die. If I can get my kids at least ready for an event like that then I'm good :-)

mariejoy1948

#5 Post by mariejoy1948 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:28 pm

Hello from CT. I am new and I am introducing myself.

I am a 71 yo grandmother.

My reason for posting, today, is that I wanted to share the facts that, here, it has felt like fall, for a week.
Also, the bees are trying to get in, early.

I'm thinking of using the packing material, I receive in mailed packages, as more attic insulation.
I dress, in layers, in the winter, and use a heating pad, when necessary.

From what I see, online, this winter MAY be worse than usual. And, the winter, after that, MAY be worse, still. CYA

Peace and love, to all.