Welcome to the forum.

This is where you introduce yourself.
Farside

Re: Welcome to the forum.

#61 Post by Farside » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:41 pm

Hi all,

I'm a New Zealander living in Canada (zone 3). I am interested in permaculture and studied geophysics at university back in the 1990's and I remember my professors talking about this topic.

I spend quite a bit of time designing and testing permaculture systems for very cold climates. We get 90 frost free days a year here which makes growing vegetables a challenge.

I hope I can contribute some valuable things to the community.

Benni Flug

#62 Post by Benni Flug » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:13 am

Hi All
From Iceland
I have A6P licence from FAA and working knowledge on CNC machinery. If I can help

Andy F

#63 Post by Andy F » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:51 am

Benni Flug wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:13 am
Hi All
From Iceland
I have A6P licence from FAA and working knowledge on CNC machinery. If I can help
Welcome to IAForum Benni Flug! Is it cold in Iceland this year? Just kidding...
Good on you for CNC smarts, I'm impressed! You would be helpful too. Are you working steady in shop now? What kind of parts made?
I did the millwork for the 3" holey wings on Star Wars program (anti-guided missile weapon "birds") from Al, or Titanium, can't remember, was the 80s, 3 wings from a round bar.
Lot of fun "deburring" yuck.
I never made it past Bridgeport Mills, but I did install Digital Readouts on 2 mills :mrgreen:
Me and Lathes, not too much experience except millwork for the projects. Fun machinery.

Anyhow, welcome here!
"Conspiracy Theorist: One who asks legitimate questions about shady activities of people who're well known to be liars." https://www.archive.org :mrgreen: http://www.secretsinplainsight.com/

Benni Flug

#64 Post by Benni Flug » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:21 am

Hi Andy F
Thank you for the answer.
I have small shop with CNC punch press, CNC router and CNC milling machine. The CNC machine are based on aircraft autopilot 200v 400 HZ the basic milling machine is the foundation of to days technology.
The Ice age farmer don´'t have to be stone age farmer. I would like to talk to somebody willing to make robotic planting machine.

carefix

#65 Post by carefix » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:05 am

OK, my first post, just joined... Er..

Not quite sure how it all works or if I am in the right place...

I live in the UK, I became aware that AGW was a fraud 20 years ago. I became aware of Landscheidt's work about the same time and that we should prepare for the GSM around 2030. For me? I will not live that long. I have kids though so I try to work for them.

Prepping in the UK cannot be homesteading miles from anywhere.... We are severely handicapped as big food importers anyway. I have unfunded plans for alternative hybrid agriculture which includs lots of tecky developments inc. micro-chp, systems I will (and have in part) design(ed). The amusing part is the same system, operated slightly differently, works for AGW! That may be useful.

OK I will poke around and see what I can find...