Hiya from Liverpool uk

This is where you introduce yourself.
Bobble Hat

Hiya from Liverpool uk

#1 Post by Bobble Hat » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:01 pm

Hi Christian (and moderators),
Many thanks for your website and videos, much appreciated!
We live on the outskirts of Liverpool in a suburban area, built up after WW2.
We grow fruit and veg in our garden, have a small greenhouse and keep a few hens and some bees.
Got into being prepared after the tanker drivers strike in Sept 2000, big eye opener for us, and the wake up call we needed.
Been taking the "red pill" ever since and have learned so much.
We're both over 60 and doing what we can to keep fit and stay aware of what's really happening behind the "news".
We discovered Ice Age Farmer through SOTT and GSM through a Zharkova video (found by accident).
Hope to be able to contribute, even if its just reporting what we've grown!
Ta lots
Me and Him :)

Bobble Hat

Re: Hiya from Liverpool uk

#2 Post by Bobble Hat » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:28 pm

Hi Andy F
thanks for the welcome :)
We don't know anyone else nearby who thinks along the same lines as us.
Neighbours just think we're a couple of "old dears" who like gardening... ;)
Suits us at the moment!

harrybrown

#3 Post by harrybrown » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:21 pm

Hi Bobble Hat,

From Britain too (South east - Suffolk/east of Ipswich) always great to see some fellow Brits here

Similar to you, me & the wife have an allotment, saved up for a 11KW generator, got some 12v back up lighting etc for house & Keep few months worth of food squirreled away.
Sounds like your way ahead of most of the people in UK, Good on you!

Interesting what you said about the fuel strike, remember it well, as soon as news broke we got in car
& filled up that minute to beat the rush, fuel had all but gone in our town by tea time a few hrs later, it shows how close we are to a crisis in mere hrs!

Anyway you've made it to the right place and you're in good company... ("You'll never walk alone", Yes I'm a Red :P)

Happy days
Harry

Bobble Hat

#4 Post by Bobble Hat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:25 pm

Hiya Harry,
Thanks for the reply! Nice to find some Brits who are thinking along similar lines. We dont know anyone near us who is "on the same page".
We are like you, have a few months food and water stored, room to grow food, and a little genny from Machinemart to power a small fridge. We found a farmer who sold us a bag of organic wheat and a hand grinder a few years ago, and after reading about crops failing this year, we've just been back to him and bought another bag of wheat. So we'll have bread and seed to plant for future, its still edible for years!
How come you're a Reds fan when you live "dahn sahf "? Mr Bobble hat is a "blue nose" i'm afraid! But apparently, if they dont "up their game" shortly then he may start supporting the Reds or even Tranmere! Haha!
Cheers
the Bobbles :)

harrybrown

#5 Post by harrybrown » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:55 am

Hi Bobble Hat,

I did buy some wheat a few years back to do some wheat grass, but by the time i planted it'd gone bad,
I should have realised I could grind it up, but sometimes when we get busy the simple things get missed to easily, still undoing the "govt brainwashing" we all got as kids lol.
Yes the genny is just there for lighting, chest freezer for our runner beans etc, we alternate the spare fuel for it with the cars to keep it recycled.

Finding people on the same page locally isn't easy, I've found one or two at the allotment are quite savvy ex armed forces servicemen, yet they are near clueless as to sun cycles & weather patterns, even the ex RAF's,
but they do get compartmentalized as is the govt protocol, my old chap is ex RAF see it first hand. Managed to get a good few at work to wake up tho & see that all is not well, but its a painfully slow process.

Well I'm a red because my older brother was a red, i cant lie but I've been a faithful supporter since 1977 aged just 6, so tell Mr Bobble hat, i'll buy him some red nose paint for Christmas :lol: !

Happy days
Harry n family

Bobble Hat

#6 Post by Bobble Hat » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:56 pm

Hiya Harry,
lol at the red paint for the nose job! You've reminded us to use our stored fuel and refill the gerry cans tho! Many thanks!
Cheers
the Bobbles :)

Shannafag

Hiya from Liverpool uk

#7 Post by Shannafag » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:35 am

Hi my name is Kevin and I am from East Liverpool Ohio and I am as about new to this as I can be...lol I have been wanting to build my own jeep for a very long time just never had the time because of work. Well I bought a 91 YJ Wrangler that will be lot of work specially for me since I am not the most mechanicly inclined person but I am looking to learn so please bear with me if I ask some dumb questions because I sure I will..
Attachments
266.gif
266.gif (3.65 KiB) Viewed 2581 times