What did you do to prepare today?

What did you do to prepare today?
Andy F

Re: What did you do to prepare today?

#381 Post by Andy F » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Tiddleday?

Hey Kink, Miles Davis on YT has a 9 hour 44 minute marathon. It's pretty good for sit down work, chilling (literally) & get lost in it while busy.

@ dirtymurphy, I read at Mises Institute, occasionally at Armstrong Economics. They're both very good.

I fished the 12VDC +/- supply wires through from socket panel to source batteries, need to crimp on Ring Terminals.
It's too cold today to do undemanding work outside! I hope to finish up & Power ON circuit panel tomorrow, mid day.
Not too happy with that board I used, but is backside no show. Front is stark white painted, lighting was off.
Photo 1 is AUX panel front with fuse holders, 2 Cig 10 Amp sockets, 1 SAE 15 Amp on right for some power tools.
Photo 2 is AUX wiring backside, there will be a ABS box to cover to prevent issues. I have ABS sheet for making boxes odd sizes.
Edit: Wrong photo, I'd put in a larger Switch. Ahh well.
AUX 1.jpg
AUX 1.jpg (38.81 KiB) Viewed 139 times
AUX Wiring View.jpg
AUX Wiring View.jpg (57.99 KiB) Viewed 139 times
"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." -- H.L. Mencken https://www.archive.org :mrgreen:

dirtmurphy

#382 Post by dirtmurphy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:08 pm

Today I planted chickweed and garlic. I also turned compost.

Andy F

#383 Post by Andy F » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:34 pm

EL Sunday!
ELectrical day today. The ELectrical gods were good to me today. I did final connections & then powered up AUX panel, tested VDC in each AUX socket for 12VDC, then used each with appropriate tools.
No smoke, no sparks, no blown fuses or fried wiring, tools all worked great & no motor laggings.

My conclusion? I'd trust it to power my personal airplane, if I had one, with me inside it at 5-6,000 feet :mrgreen:
Now on to the next to final 12VDC EL plan, the 2nd SAE socket and On/Off switch. I built the wiring harness last night.
I'm gathering supplies for my very LAST Electrical project I need to do, is two switched PC 2500rpm fans to control 2 vent's, one with air intake and the other reversed for air outtake. Are the 2 fans powerful enough? Yes.
I found, and ordered the last 2 pieces for this unconventional through the wall powered air vent project last night.
Done with orders for February. Time to create finished products! YAY!
“There is not a major Russian organized crime figure who we are tracking who does not also carry an Israeli pass port,” says senior USA State Department official Jonathan Winer.

Carry on, as Kink said, Ice Age [Truth] Soldiers!
"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." -- H.L. Mencken https://www.archive.org :mrgreen:

dirtmurphy

#384 Post by dirtmurphy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:55 pm

Andy F wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:34 pm
My conclusion? I'd trust it to power my personal airplane, if I had one, with me inside it at 5-6,000 feet :mrgreen:
I'm kind of surprised you haven't started building one yet :D
Today I cleaned the chicken run and planted peas.

Kink

#385 Post by Kink » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:15 pm

Got the printer working and things ready to ship for tomorrow from sales, printed out all of Andy's Dehydator recipes among other things :) . Inspected the chainsaw and found that the adapter for the carburetor had a piece broken off of it, probably from when I had the entire weight of a willow tree I tried cutting down, that split and pinched the chainsaw bar down to the stump. Ordered new gaskets and carb adapter, might as well replace the fuel lines/fuel filter while I'm doing that. Gotta start researching composting as there's no way I want to grow in the current soil with moss and fungus anywhere you look in over an acre. the dirt under the hemlocks seems very fresh and worth a try. Tons of grasses on the property now, a few 4-5ft wide/6-7ft tall that I tie up in fall and usually burn for ash in the gardens. Lots to do for all us Ice Age Truth Soldier recruits :D

dirtmurphy

#386 Post by dirtmurphy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:39 pm

Hey Kink! So here's the deal with your soil: high acidity. So plant some blueberries to take advantage of that situation. It's easier to go with what you have than to change it. Also, since you have acidic soils, stay away from the soil under the hemlock.
To get your soils closer to what you want, I would start with lime. Do you have clay soils as well? If so, I recommend calcitic limestone over dolomitic limestone. If not, either one will work well.
Here's an article on composting from my blog https://dirtmurphy.wixsite.com/website/ ... with-Decay
I hope that helps!

Kink

#387 Post by Kink » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:52 pm

Thank you Murphy, I've had someone tell me that before and it could have even been you with how bad my memory is :lol:. I have some dolomite lime I use for potted plants and I love it for the calcium/magnesium and PH buffer, it's like oyster shell. Will have to pickup some calcitic limestone before planting time and give it a try on a couple patches. Thank you very much for your blog link too gonna bookmark. I've been dumping grass clippings into a pile for years now, I'll try starting there and see how I can better contain it maybe.

For today I'm relaxing and reading posts here, slowly cleaning up the garden shovel as it's rusted and could use it if I want it to last. Have been posting as much stuff as I can to ebay, gotta look into etsy and other sites. Have some stalks from a cannabis grow that i could use for CBD soap or something like that to sell. Buddy has been teaching me how-to DIY soap, he's been doing it for almost 10 years just don't have funds to do it the right way atm.

We need a survival infograph thread :idea:
home defense prep.jpg
home defense prep.jpg (120.82 KiB) Viewed 67 times
underground bunker.jpg
underground bunker.jpg (176.39 KiB) Viewed 67 times

Andy F

#388 Post by Andy F » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:57 pm

Kink wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:52 pm

We need a survival infograph thread :idea: Create a new thread. :D

Kink

#389 Post by Kink » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:47 pm

Andy F

#390 Post by Andy F » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:40 pm

Electro-Culture & Soil. (I like ELectricity fwiw) - http://www.thebirdman.org/Index/Others/ ... &Sound.htm
Introduction

The application of electricity, magnetism, monochrome light, and sound can stimulate the growth of plants to a great extent. This little-known technology, called Electro-culture, can accelerate growth rates, increase yields, and improve crop quality. Electro-culture can protect plants from diseases, insects and frost. These methods also can reduce the requirements for fertilizer or pesticides. Farmers can grow bigger and better crops in less time, with less effort, and at a lower cost.

The several approaches to Electro-culture include: antennas, static electricity, direct and alternating current, magnetism, radio frequencies, monochrome and intermittent lighting, and sound. The energies are applied to the seeds, plants, soil or the water and nutrients.

Read more... http://www.thebirdman.org/Index/Others/ ... &Sound.htm