Hello from Canada, eh!

This is where you introduce yourself.
cdahl77

Hello from Canada, eh!

#1 Post by cdahl77 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Hello from Eastern Ontario, Canada! My name is Carolyn and I'm really glad to have found this place.

I'm part Croatian and part Scottish. 10 + years ago the thought of living on a farm seemed like torture. Now, living in the crowded suburbs is torture.

I only started gardening last year though I have grown a few things in some pots now and then. Experience is a wonderful teacher. I learn most from just getting out there and trying things vs only reading about it in a book.

I am completely fascinated by the whole discussion taking place regarding the grand solar minimum. I only learned about this recently and purely by accident from a comment someone made on a channel I follow recommending Ice Age Farmer so I checked it out and I'm so very glad that I did! Things make sense to me and I can see through the lies in mainstream media much more easily.

My background is politics. Yep, 10 years ago I was on the fast track to being somebody. Lunching here, networking here. I've had the privilege of working with folks way up on the food chain so to speak. I was a nobody when I started out and next thing I knew I was president of this and that, I was being groomed to run in provincial elections back in my old province of Manitoba. I've eaten with the former Prime Minister (not Trudeau) at his residence on Sussex Drive at his annual BBQ year after year, I worked with members of his inner cabinet, and now 10 years later I'm grateful for the memories but count is all as "rubbish." I just left it all and wandered willingly into the wilderness. This is where it's real and people are real and their cares are real. One day if God so chooses I will go back into politics and try to change how things are done in my country but for now my priority is my family and preparing for hard times ahead.

I feel like I don't have enough time and too much to learn... but that's life isn't it?

"Why such a hurry to get the pumpkins in?" Ma asked. "I feel in a hurry. As if there was a need to hurry," Pa tried to explain (The Long Winter- Laura Ingalls Wilder).

TruthToPowerBear

Re: Hello from Canada, eh!

#2 Post by TruthToPowerBear » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:07 am

Hi Carolyn! I'm in Northumberland County!